The mission of the festival and the parade is to honor the area’s Swiss heritage and cheese/dairy industries, as well as to provide entertainment. Entries deemed unsafe, overly commercial, or inappropriate will not be accepted.
All parade entries are eligible for People’s Choice Award (parade viewers invited to vote) - $100 top prize.
- No semi tractors or other large trucks are allowed to pull floats. The following tow vehicles ARE allowed: pickup trucks, utility vehicles, cars, horses, and small or medium sized tractors
- NOTHING MAY BE THROWN. NO HANDING OUT OF LITERATURE OR PAPER. Individuals accompanying units on foot may hand out treats/gifts (candy, pencils, etc). Any unit found throwing items or distributing paper literature will be removed from the parade. Indicate on your application the items you intend to distribute. Please use appropriate buckets, baskets or other nice looking containers to hand out treats.
- No advertising is allowed other than a sign displaying the sponsor’s name or business logo. All other advertising on unit or tow vehicle must be covered unless the advertising on the vehicle is also the sole sponsor of the unit.
- All vehicles pulling floats must be clean, presentable, and ideally – decorated/themed in accordance with float.
- If your unit includes people walking, they must be able to keep up with the pace of the parade! The route is 2 miles long. If you are handing out items and start to fall behind, we ask that you please stop handing out and catch up. Parade officials will be monitoring the flow at intersections – please follow their directions. For the enjoyment of the viewers, please try to stay within a reasonably close distance to the unit ahead of yours.
- No consumption of alcoholic beverages or smoking around parade entries or while on parade route
- If you send an application and it is NOT accepted, you will be notified as soon as possible.
- Confirmation letters with Division and Unit assignment will be sent out in late August. Lineup will also be posted to the website cheesedays.com.