The next parade will be held on Sunday, September
21, 2014, beginning at 12:30 pm. If you were in the 2012 parade,
you will be on the list to receive an application for 2014. Applications
will be sent around June of 2014. If you were not in the 2012
parade but would like to receive an application, email email@example.com
or call 608.325.7771. The 2012 schedule is listed below, for reference.
Swiss Colony Cheese Days Parade - 2012
Pre-parade entertainment by
Cousin Otto’s Clown Alley
Parade Announcer: Matt Urban
Download the parade
lineup in PDF format.
The Swiss Colony ~ Parade Banner
1. Flag Bearers ~ Ronald Bader & Granddaughter Aspen Bader.
Sponsored by Carrousel Farms. Monroe, WI.
2. 2012 Parade Marshals, Martha Bernet & Lois Kaster. Driven
by Betty Beaver.
3. Brown Swiss Cows & Families Returning From Alpine Summer
Pasture. Led by King John and Queen Becky Wegmueller.
4. New Glarus Jodler Klub (Yodel Club).
5. Veteran Cheesemakers. Driven by Gary Pfingsten.
6. 2012 Big Cheese, Bob & Nancy Faith. Driven by Jim Haldiman.
7. Current Cheesemakers. Driven by Jim Faith. Sponsored by Faith
8. 2012 Cheese Days Grand Champion Cheesemaker, Brandon Olson.
Driven by Mike Freund.
9. Monroe Swiss Singers & Future Swiss Singers. Sponsored
by Wisconsin Bank & Trust.
10. Wilhelm Tell Usherettes.
1. Greg Anderson Band. Sponsored by Woodford State
Bank. Driven by Daryl Dammen.
2. 2012 Cheese Days Ambassador, Brianna Ditzenberger. Driven by
3. 2012 Cheese Days Logo Designer, Kimberly Berg. Driven by Jackie
4. The World’s Only Wacky Wheeler.
5. The Cirque Experience Wheel Jam.
6. Wiggles the Clown.
7. Covered Bridge Clydesdales – 1893 English Wagon &
English Harness. Chris Nestor, Owner. Melrose, WI.
8. Green County Board Chairperson, Art Carter & wife Patt.
Driven by Joe Klessinger.
9. Oscar Mayer Wienermobile.
10. GCHS (Green County Humane Society) Paws on Parade. Music by
WEKZ BIG RADIO.
11. The Swiss Colony – Colony Brands.
Major Sponsor Banner Carriers –
Monroe Middle School, Barb McCardle, Advisor
Wheel of Swiss | Golden Cheese | Big Cheese
1. Monroe High School Marching Band. Dan Henkel,
Director. Color Guard and Mo the Mouse.
2. Monroe Mayor Bill Ross & wife Marilyn. Driven by Maynard
3. Green County Sheriff’s Department Honor Guard.
4. AMVETS Post 69.
5. Orangeville High School Band. Sara Bramm, Director. Driven
by Tony Velcich. Vehicle courtesy of Ruda Chevrolet-Toyota. Monroe,
6. Betsy Ross.
7. Jolly Giant Stiltwalkers ~ Uncle Sam, Miss Liberty & Patriotic
8. McConnell, Illinois American Legion Post 1225.
9. Freeport High School NJROTC (Navy Junior Reserve Officers Training
10. Poppy Princess, Kendyll Kuebli ~ Sponsored by American Legion
Unit 84. Driven by Dan Kuebli.
11. Zilmer Riley Legion Auxiliary Unit 84.
12. Green County American Legion.
1. Albany Middle & High School Band. Ashley
2. Jesse White Tumbling Team. Chicago, IL.
3. Andy Linder, World Footbag (Hackey Sack) Champion. Geneva,
4. Cheese Days Mascot - Wedgie. Vehicle courtesy of Dearth Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep-Ram.
Driven by Sue Buetzer.
5. 2012 Cheese Days Prince Eli Zimmerman, son of Travis &
Kayla Zimmerman; 2012 Cheese Days Princess Maddison Markham, daughter
of Ron & Kim Markham. Driven by Ron Markham.
6. 2012 Cheese Days Prince & Princess Contestants. Driven
by Bryon Riese (John Deere 830 owned by Jim Faith) and Mike Albright
(John Deere 630 owned by Bernard Albright). Wagons provided by
7. “Let’s Make Moo-sic!”. Sponsored by Wundrow’s
Brown Swiss Farm.
8. T-Ten Parade Unit.
9. “Say Cheese”. Sponsored by Special Olympics of
10. Badger Camp and Cheddar, What Could Be Better? Sponsored by
Wisconsin Badger Camp, Inc.
1. Platteville Middle School Band. William Sefton,
2. Cheese Pirates ~ Main Street Monroe.
3. Jolly Giant Stiltwalkers ~ Pirates.
4. “Sailing The Seven Cheese”. Sponsored by Girl Scouts
of Wisconsin ~ Badgerland Council.
5. Green County YMCA ~ Building Future Cheesemakers.
6. Styles Junction Band. Driven by Scott Bruns, 1929 Knight truck
owned by Bill Knight.
7. Got Cheesus? We do! Sponsored by St. Victor’s School,
8. Bernese Mountain Dog Club of Southeastern Wisconsin.
9. National Historic Cheesemaking Center.
10. Monroe First Choice Dental Makes You Say “CHEESE”.
1. New Glarus High School Band. Jason Meir, Director.
2. Swiss Center of North America - Beth Zurbuchen, President.
Driven by Sheri Novak.
3. New Glarus Fire Dept. Ladder Company.
4. New Glarus Kinderchor. Sponsored by The Bank of New Glarus
& Sugar River Bank.
5. Together We Can Keep The Green In Green County. Sponsored by
6. Three Wheel Trike. Sponsored by The Country Store.
7. Don’t Worry, “BRIE” Happy. Sponsored by Talmer
Bank & Trust.
8. Tour de Cheese. Sponsored by Big Brothers and Big Sisters of
9. Billy Bear Circus Band Wagon Train.
10. “Eat Cheese, Drink Milk, Bowl Strikes”. Sponsored
by Monroe Youth Bowling League.
1. Juda Schools Marching Band. Gregory Smith, Director.
2. Green “COWty” Dairy Industry For “HEIFER
& HEIFER”. Sponsored by Juda FFA (Future Farmers of
3. Pleasant View Nursing Home & MJ Care ~ Better With Age.
4. Pipes & Drums ~ Mass Band. Dan Stormont, Pipe Major.
5. Cub Scout “FUN-DO”… Have Fun, Do Your Best.
Sponsored by Cub Scout Pack 114.
6. “UDDERLY” Outstanding Realtors Doing “UDDERLY”
Outstanding Real Estate. Sponsored by First Weber Group Realtors.
7. Knights of Columbus Clowns.
8. Circus Calliope. Sponsored by County KK Tire Service.
9. Racing For the BIG CHEESE. Sponsored by Discount America Hobby/Cheese
City Xtreme RC.
10. Trent Wyssbrod ~ Racing Through Dairyland. Sponsored by Jelle’s
Towing Service, LLC.
1. Brodhead High School Band. Jason Riesterer, Director.
2. Brodhead Chamber of Commerce ~ We Dairy.
3. “All We Are Saying… Is Give CHEESE A Chance”.
Young Americans 4-H. Sponsored by Wisconsin Cheese Group.
4. Marlyn Major Drum Corps. Sycamore, IL.
5. Home Delivery Milk Trucks. Do You Remember The Milkman? 1957
and 1965 Restored & Replicated DIVCO Trucks. Sponsored by
DIVCO Club of America. Mt. Carroll, IL.
6. “Got Black And White?” Sponsored by Paul Mitchell
The School, Monroe.
7. The Cheesy Riders. Sponsored by Maple Leaf Cheese Store, Juda.
8. Familiar Friends:
· Scoopie - sponsored by Culvers of Monroe. Driven by Paul
· Cousy - sponsored by Cousins Subs of Monroe. Driven by
Delbert Soddy, Jr.
· Chester Cheeto - sponsored by Frito-Lay of Beloit. Driven
by Jerry Thompson.
· Ronald McDonald - sponsored by McDonald’s.
9. MTX Car Audio…Filling Holes For Over 30 Years.
10. Zor Wranglers, 4-Wheel Hondas.
1. Belleville High School Marching Band. Stephanie
2. Family Fresh Pack. Belleville, WI.
3. Come Have A “GOUDA” Time At A Gathering of Rogues
& Ruffians Renaissance Faire! Sponsored by Shakespeare On
The Edge, Inc. Monroe.
4. Hedeman Real Estate “MOOvin” The Market In Green
County. Featuring Rockabilly Junction Band.
5. Happy Cows in Wisconsin ~ Happy Kids at LaPetite Academy. Sponsored
by LaPetite Academy (Child Care Center).
6. The Cheese Stops Here. Sponsored by Monroe Youth Hockey Assn.
7. Circus Wagon Train. Stevens Point, WI.
8. Clowns, Newbie and PJ Kazoo. Milkwaukee, WI.
9. Security Finance, “The Big Cheese” In Lending.
10. New Generation Fancy Drill Team. Chicago, IL.
11. A Strong Agriculture Means A Strong America. Sponsored by
Frontier FS. Jefferson, WI.
1. Monticello High School Band. Mike Korth, Director.
2. Shamrock Club of Lafayette County. Sponsored by Klondike Cheese.
3. Sons of Norway. Mt. Horeb, WI.
4. Ostestaden Sons of Norway. Monroe, WI.
5. Studio M Dance Academy, Monroe, WI.
6. Green County Beef Queen, Mariah Ahrens. Green County Beef Princess,
McKenzie Montgomery. Driven by Bob Heitz. Vehicle courtesy of
Bill & Jean Ruda.
7. Darlington Marching Redbirds. Mat Anderson, Director.
8. 2012 Outstanding Senior Agribusiness Woman, Laurie McCullough
and 2012 Outstanding Junior Agribusiness Woman, Kathie McCullough.
Driven by Riley Henning.
9. Loves Park Shrine Club. Loves Park, IL.
10. Minneapolis Moline Collectors ~ Antique Tractors.
1. Dakota High School Marching Band. Annette Hackbarth,
2. Green County Dairy Queen, Taylor Behnke. Daughter of Lisa &
Roger Behnke. Sponsored by Green County Ag Chest. Driven by Ken
3. Green County Dairy Princess, Clare Geitzel. Daughter of Barb
Duerst & Dave Geitzel. Sponsored by Green County Ag Chest.
Driven by Tom Jacobsen.
4. Green County Community Dairy Queens. Sponsored by Green County
Ag Chest. Driven by Peter Jordan.
5. Marx Dance Academy Cloggers. Beloit, WI.
6. Bucky Badger. Driven by Reid Stangel. Sponsored by Colony Brands.
7. Miss Wisconsin USA, Emily Guerin.
8. UW Band – 5th Quarter. Sponsored by Colony Brands.
9. Green County Fairest of the Fair, Tess Zettle. Driven by Mark
10. Brookside Farm Clydesdales. Sparta, WI.
11. Dancing Cheesemakers. Sponsored by Monroe Arts Center.
12. Minhas Craft Brewery Salutes Green County Cheesemakers.
1. Pecatonica High School Band. Jim Meuth, Director.
2. Monroe Volunteer Fire Department, Sparky & Buster.
3. Green County EMS.
4. Black Hawk High School Marching Band. Don Fulton, Director.
5. Age Doesn’t Matter Unless You’re Cheese. Sponsored
by Monroe Manor Nursing & Rehab.
6. 2012 Oldest Active Dairy Couple, Robert and Lorraine Wolfe
Sr. Brodhead, WI. Driven by Craig Krueger.
7. 2011 & 2012 Green County Breakfast On The Farm Hosts ~
Lisa & Neal Boeke and Jane & Don Elmer. Horse drawn carriage
~ Bruce Berg, owner.
8. Jolly Giant Stiltwalkers ~ Farmer, Crazy Corn, and Dragonfly.
9. “Beating Down Your Cheese Costs”. Sponsored by
Quest Industrial LLC & Ruchti Stainless, Monroe.
10. Antique Tractors:
· 1947 Farmall A Tractor. Jim Sacker, owner.
· 1948 Farmall H Tractor. Homer Weber, owner.
· 1951 Farmall M Tractor. Bill Loveland, owner.
· 1952 Super M International Tractor. Jim Wells, owner.
· 1953 Farmall Super M Tractor. Don Steiner, owner.
· 1957 International Harvester Tractor. Mike Moellenberndt,
· 1959 John Deere 730 Tractor. Dick Saunders, owner.
· 1963 Ford 6000 Tractor. Steven Leonard, owner.
1. Lena-Winslow Marching Band. Scott Stitch, Director.
2. 2012 Cheese Days King & Queen, John and Becky Wegmueller
& Family. Driven by Roger Koch.
3. Past Cheese Days Kings & Queens. Driven by Daryl Dammen.
4. The Impact of Brass. Monroe, WI. Driven by Eric Koch.
5. Past Cheese Days Queens/Ambassadors & Past Princes and
Princesses. Flowers in memory of Bob Rieder, 1950 King. Driven
by Gary Pfingsten.
6. TJ Howell ~ Rocket Cycle.
7. Kracker Jacks Drumline. Waits Park, MN.
8. “Come Have a Gouda Time at the Green County Fall National
Truck & Tractor Pull.
9. The BIG CHEESE In Racing. Sponsored by Race Team Gear/Colony
10. Moo Grass Band. Driven by Steve Digman.
Special thanks to our Pooper Scooper Crew
from Monroe FFA,
Carmen Montgomery – Advisor.